with Mike Cerbus and Colin Geraghty
This event is sold out!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the wait list.
If there is enough interest, there will be another session on Sunday, Sept 27.
Price: $225 (non-members) $200 (CSCC members)
NOTE to members: log in with your MindBody account to see members-only price
- Overhead Positioning & Squat Technique
- Stability Adjustment
- Pulling & Catching the Snatch in Ideal Positions
- Setting up the Jerk
- Front Rack Position
- Pulling & Catching the Clean in Ideal Positions
- Front Squat Technique & Shoulder/Wrist Mobility
- Movement Philosophy & Gymnastics vs. CrossFit & Being Healthy vs. Competing
- Shoulder Health Warm Up & Basic Individual Mobility
- Assessment Into Stretches/Corrective Exercises.
- Bar Work (breakdown + drills of every movement in CF)
- Ring Work - Complete breakdown of muscle up mechanics *common mistakes
- Handstand Work (drills, structure recognition, HSPU positioning for different variations, supplemental exercises)
About the Instructors
MIKE CERBUS has competed in the sport of Weightlifting nationally for the last 10 years. He has medalled at 3 National Championships and 5 American Open Championships, taking out the title in 2011 as American Open Champion, while also being selected to the United States Pan American & Olympic Qualification Teams in 2012.
His competitive accomplishments and growth as a coach have been made possible by developing under Senior International Coach Lou DeMarco and as a training specialist from 2011-2013 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs under Zygmunt Smalcerz.
Since 2009 Mike has been instructing Crossfitters of all levels across the United States and world. This immersion into the CrossFit community has allowed him to adapt weightlifting principles and instruction in order to best meet the needs of those most beginner levels up to elite Games competitors looking to refine their movements.
COLIN GERAGHTY is a partner of the gymnastics driven company Power Monkey Fitness. As a former gymnast and strength and conditioning specialist, Colin began working with Jason Leydon at CrossFit Milford in 2008 and quickly integrated his gymnastics knowledge with CrossFit methodology.
His specialty lies in the application of fundamental gymnastic principles to the demands of the sport of CrossFit. Beyond his years of coaching and programming CrossFit for all levels, Colin approaches the needs of each athlete with an open mind, creating exercises and progressions based on the goal, and current level of the individual. Colin is a movement ninja...he must be seen to be believed!