Coach: Dave Durante
Number of Days: 1
Dates/Times: Sunday October 15th, 11:30am-3:30pm
Spots Available: 20
Handstand Clinic with Team Power Monkey's Dave Durante!
- Learners of all levels are encouraged to participate!
What will the clinic look like?
- Gymnastics Warm Up
- General warm up
- Wrist exercises
- Shoulder exercises
- Stretching techniques
- Discussion of Types Handstand Exercises
- Proper Handstand Set Up, Positioning, and Mechanics
- Working with Partners and Spotting Techniques
- Handstand Push Up Breakdown with Scaling Option Discussion
- Handstand Walking Breakdown and Mechanics
- Advanced Handstand Demo and Drills
About Dave Durante
DAVE DURANTE is a multiple time USA gymnastics national champion and was part of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Team as alternate. After retiring from competition, David helped coach his alma mater, Stanford University, to an NCAA Team Title in 2009 and has continued to be a part of the sport through his position on the Athlete Advisory Committee with the United States Olympic Committee as well as his position on the USA Gymnastics Men's Technical Committee.
Dave leads Team Power Monkey which is comprised of elite athletes and coaches who help design new equipment, provide gymnastics education to the fitness world, and coach at Power Monkey's bi-annual training Camp. Dave was a lead coach with the CrossFit Gymnastics L1 course from 2013-2015. He also wrote and developed the CrossFit Gymanstics Advanced Course. He lives in NYC with his wife Sadie and coaches at CrossFit Solace